JAZZ FEST REPORT: TOP FIVE REASONS THAT NEW ORLEANS IS METAL
I’d like to extend a big thank you to Axl for picking up the slack here while I was out of town the last few days attending New Orleans Jazz Fest. Jazz Fest is decidely not metal but an incredible time nonetheless. The city of New Orleans, however, bleeds heavy metal. Top 5 reasons the Crescent City is metal:
- You can drink beer on the street. How awesome is this? You can buy a beer in a bar, take it outside, walk around, whatever the hell you want. You can even buy $2 “Big Ass Beers” to-go at just about any knick-knack shop in the French Quarter. Truly amazing. Furthermore, bars in New Orleans don’t close; you can just keep drinkin till you drop off the bar stool.
- Beignets. In New York we call them Zeppoles, in the midwest they’re Funnel Cake or Elephant Ears, but universally it comes to this: they are fried dough with heaping mounds of powdered sugar on top. Heart attack on a plate.
- The almighty DOWN is from New Orleans.
- Raw Oysters. Nothing gets the blood boiling and the hormones firing like some delicious oysters. Crawfish are pretty fuckin’ metal too. Especially the part where you suck out the brains.
- No hipsters! This was truly a breath of fresh air. People in New Orleans are just… people. No pretense. Just good times.
A+++ highly recommend would do business with again.
Sponsored Links from Across the Internet