THIS WEEK’S SOUNDSCAN CHARTS REVEALED
Korn’s new record Untitled stays in the top 10 (barely) during its second week of release, while Throwdown, Fuel and Drowning Pool make decent sized splashes with debuts in the Top 100. Finger Eleven’s Them Vs. You Vs. Me continues to inexplicably climb up the charts 23 weeks after its release, while Linkin Park, Nickelback, Hinder, etc, all continue to sell. Chart positions, sales figures, and of course our very special commentary after the jump.
#10: Korn, Untitled
This Week: 44,866
#15: Nickelback, All the Right Reasons
This Week: 35,129
Our pals over at Idolator got it right when they named a whole category after these guys, “The Nickelback Award for Inexplicable Durability.”
#33: White Stripes, Icky Thump
This Week: 19,831
#41: Smashing Pumpkins, Zeitgeist (read our review)
This Week: 15,471
#42: Fuel, Angels & Devils
This Week: 15,136 (debut)
#61: Velvet Revolver, Libertad (read our review)
This Week: 10,444
#64: Drowning Pool, Full Circle (read our review)
This Week: 10,132
These 10,132 gullible meat-heads are probably the same ones gullible enough to join the U.S. armed forces under the ruse that Iraq is a winnable war.
#66: Flyleaf, Flyleaf
This Week: 9,834
#69: Three Days Grace, One-X
This Week: 9,523
The above two records climbed 8 and 11 spots up the charts respectively, yet sales dropped by 3% and 2% respectively. What does this say about the record industry?
#70: Finger Eleven, Them Vs. You Vs. Me (read our review)
This Week: 9,349
The reason this record has clawed up the charts 3 weeks in a row 23 weeks after its release? Wind-Up Records finally got smart and released “Paralyzer” as a single, which MetalSucks said months ago was one of the only good songs on the album. “Paralyzer” also netted a slightly impressive 19,832 digital downloads this week.
#78: Hinder, Extreme Behavior
This Week: 8,783
Will someone please hinder my ears from ever hearing this band again?
#81: Throwdown, Venom & Tears
This Week: 8,625 (debut)
Totally decent number for this band.
#87: Ozzy Osbourne, Black Rain (read our review)
This Week: 8,216
Rose 2 spots up the charts but sales dropped 9%.
Hangin’ on by a thread:
- #108: Papa Roach, Paramour Sessions (Cume: 322,755)
- #111: Devildriver, The Last Kind Words (Cume: 21,158) (review)
- #117: Buckcherry, 15 (Cume: 805,722. Going to go Platinum soon.)
- #134: Breaking Benjamin, Phobia (Cume: 718,339)
- #135: Marilyn Manson, Eat Me, Drink Me (Cume: 197,788) (review)
- #138: Incubus, Light Grenades (Cume: 650,154)
- #149: Hellyeah, Hellyeah (Cume: 159,748)
- #152: Evans Blue, The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends (Cume: 28,792)
- #154: 30 Seconds to Mars, Beautiful Lie (Cume: 1,051,345)
- #181: Muse, Black Holes and Revelations (Cume: 356,782. Due to US tour maybe?)
- #192: Nine Inch Nails, Year Zero (Cume: 426,531) (review)