TOP TEN THINGS WE HEARD HIPSTERS SAY AT ALL POINTS WEST THAT WE’D NEVER HEAR AT A REGULAR TOOL SHOW
This past Saturday night, Vince and Axl bought tickets to hipster-douche fest All Points West with the express purpose of seeing Tool and Tool only. There was a serious and very visible divide in the crowd – namely, other metalheads vs. people who think Interpol is cool – and your MetalSucks editors were privy to some pretty funny dialogue as a result:
- “I think they’re called, like, ‘Tools?'”
- <robot voice>”Intergalactic, planetary. Planetary, intergalactic.” </robot voice>
- “Gogol Bordello are awesome.”
- “Please don’t block my view of the stage.”
- “There won’t be any moshing. Look at all that mud! No one wants to get dirty.”
- “Where are the fried Oreos?”
- Scowling at Axl’s Slayer shirt.
- Scowling at Vince’s Paganfest shirt.
- “What’s that smell?”
No matter; Tool kicked major ass anyways. It’s like there’s an unspoken agreement between the band and their fans: “You bring the weed. We’ll bring the lasers.”
Here’s Tool at All Points West on Saturday night, performing with special guest drummer Frank Ferrer of Guns N’ Roses fame.
-AR & VN