IN WHICH WE GOT AWAY WITH MURDERING A 2-YEAR OLD
First it was my turn to take a vacation and now it’s Axl’s; I haven’t spoken with him since he left for the lake house last Saturday and that’s a good thing, not because I don’t love the dude but because it means he’s having fun instead of stressing about work. Hopefully as I write this he’s stoned out of his gourd and enjoying something tasty from the grill. But guess what? I’m gonna be away again this coming Monday and Tuesday conducting super-top-secret business in L.A., meaning it’ll just be Axl and the rest of our fine contributors for the early part of next week. But don’t worry; come Wednesday things will be back to normal with our usual Axl + Vince full frontal attack.
Meanwhile, here’s what Axl missed this week:
- We premiered new music by ’90s hardcore legends Earth Crisis and new Metal Blade signees Battlecross, and we premiered a new video from Last Chance to Reason
- We spoke with In Flames’ Bjorn Gelotte and IKILLYA’s Jason Lekberg.
- Landphil pondered the best wrestling “shoots” of all time.
- We looked at new releases by After Oblivion, Doctor Midnight and the Mercy Cult and Michael Monroe while Corey Mitchell gave us the rundown of his bleeders and blowers for June.
- We checked out Mastodon’s “different” new album artwork.
- Sergeant D wondered whether or not melody has a place in metal.
- Periphery lost guitarist Alex Bois while Pig Destroyer gained drummer Adam Jarvis.
- The metal world chimed in on the Casey Anthony verdict; we chimed in on the metal world.