IN WHICH REMINDED YOU THAT YOU COULD BE AT NEW YORK COMIC CON WITH RICHARD CHRISTY RIGHT NOW
Friendly reminder: as of RIGHT THIS SECOND, the legendary Richard Christy from Death, Iced Earth, Control Denied, and, oh yeah, The Howard Stern Show, is at the MetalSucks/Vertebrae 33 booth at New York Comic Con signing copies of Charred Walls of the Damned‘s ridiculously rocking new album, Cold Winds on Timeless Days, which is out NOW on Metal Blade Records. He’ll be there ’til 7 pm, so there’s still time for you to hop on a bus, subway, or in a cab and get your ass down there — we’re booth #2625. Myself and/or Vince are also there now, and will be there tomorrow and Sunday, too, and we may have some other special guests in store for you yet. So come on by, pick up some free swag courtesy of Indie Merch and Metal Blade, hang out, whatever. It’ll be a blast! Get all the details here.
And now, some other fun shit we did this week:
- We premiered a new live recording of Death’s “Leprosy” and new music from Trapped Under Ice.
- We spoke to Grutle Kjellson from Enslaved, Rex Brown from Kill Devil Hill/Pantera/Down, producer Shane Frisby, and Skateboard Marketing’s Munsey Ricci.
- Valient Thorr’s Valient Himself occupied Wall Street, GWAR’s Dave Brockie gave us the blow-by-blow on the NFL, and Eyal Levi from Dååth and Levi/Werstler and Audiohammer Studios got all Pacino-in-Heat on us.
- We checked out the latest releases from Warbringer and Årabrot.
- We continued The Countdown to The Metal Suckfest and launched a contest in which you can win some sweet swag and a meet and greet session at the show.
- We watched some inter-Emmure drama unfold.
- We begged Sasha Frere-Jones from The New Yorker to stop writing about metal forever.
- We enjoyed the use of Nine Inch Nails in the new trailer for The Avengers.
- We got excited about Cynic’s new line-up + song.
- We celebrated the best Dragonforce cover ever.
Have a terrific, relaxing weekend everyone. See ya Monday, if we don’t see ya at NYCC!