Neilstein Soundscam: This Chart is Getting Ever More Black
Lots of movement this week despite Dillinger Escape Plan holding on to the top spot. The Black Dahlia Murder edge ever closer to the top while Amon Amarth debut on this chart for what’s sure to be a lengthy stay. Meanwhile Ghost and The Ocean begin to fall off.
More detailed sales figures are available at Metal Insider.
1. ↔ The Dillinger Escape Plan / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 1 / Weeks On: 5
A big but expected week two drop in album sales, although the FB Fan Activity % has stayed remarkably consistent. That’s the sign of a fanbase that really, truly cares.
2. ↑ The Black Dahlia Murder / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 3 / Weeks On: 3
FB Fan Activity % more than doubled week over week. Black Dahlia are one of the biggest names in extreme metal and I do not see them relinquishing a spot atop this chart for many weeks to come.
3. ↑ Alice in Chains / Peak: 3 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 4
The album is now out. Let’s see how this bad-boy does next week. FB Fan Activity almost doubled but is still paltry, albeit not surprising for a band whose fans skew older.
4. ↑ ASG / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 2
FB Fan Activity % nearly tripled from last week; how about them apples?
5. ↓ Ghost / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 10
The magic carpet ride is finally coming to an end for Ghost. There’s still plenty of touring to come, though.
6. ↑ Killswitch Engage / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 8 / Weeks On: 9
FB Fan Activity % experienced a spike over last week, paltry though it still is, probably due to their current headline tour. 20k “talking about this” is still more than a lot of bands’ entire FB fanbases anyway.
7. Airbourne / Peak: 7 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
4,450 is a significant number, although not really by Roadrunner standards. Still, the FB Fan Activity % and YouTube views seem to indicate that people care about this band even if we aren’t feeling the heat in the metal blogosphere.
8. ↓ Anciients / Peak: 5 / Last Week: 7 / Weeks On: 6
Finally, a video!
9. Amon Amarth / Peak: 9 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
That’s a helluva FB Fan Activity % for a band whose album won’t be out for a full four weeks.
10. ↓ The Ocean / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 6 / Weeks On: 9
Things are winding down from the Pelagial release momentum.