Neilstein Soundscam: More Like Battlerise, Amirite?
Lots of new blood on the charts this week with Phil Anselmo, Norma Jean and The Winery Dogs. More sales numbers at Metal Insider as per usual.
1. ↔ Amon Amarth / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 1 / Weeks On: 6
Live reports from the Mayhem Tour have this band killing it night after night. FB Fan Engagement % has dropped as has the pace of YT views, but the album is still selling pretty well.
2. ↑ Black Sabbath / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 3 / Weeks On: 4
Still sellin’, FB Fan Engagement still pretty high for a band with so many likes. Reports from the tour are not kind to Ozzy’s voice, though.
3. ↑ Battlecross / Peak: 3 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 2
That FB Fan Engagement percentage is still rocking, despite a drop from the insane level of over 14%! I like this band even more having seen them kill it in a small club on a Mayhem Fest off-date a couple of weeks ago. Buzz is good on their live show at the Mayhem Fest too.
4. Norma Jean / Peak: 2 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Band seems poised for a big first week, but wow, they really need help with their Facebook presence. 198k isn’t such a large number that they shouldn’t be able to get that Fan Engagement percentage to be much higher. Stream Wrongdoers in full right here.
5. Philip H. Anselmo and the Illegals / Peak: 5 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
There is something to be said for killing it in the press, and Anselmo is doing a great job of that right now. His tour just kicked off too, and the reports are good.
6. ↓ Queens of the Stone Age / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 4
The buzz is fading slowly but the band still has a ton of momentum from their new record.
7. The Winery Dogs / Peak: 7 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Obviously that FB Fan Engagement percentage is ridiculously high, but remember this is a brand new band so all of those “likes” are likely to be people who signed up recently based on the excitement. Still, that’s impressive, and I had no idea this band would shift 10k units. And the YouTube views, wow. The power of Portnoy! It’s a good record though, check it out.
8. ↓ Revocation / Peak: 7 / Last Week: 7 / Weeks On: 2
FB Fan Engagement percentage is still very solid. Album’s out next week — stream it here.
9. ↓ Deafheaven / Peak: 5 / Last Week: 6 / Weeks On: 3
Album sales continue to remain relatively steady as they decline by mere single digit percentages week over week, a rarity these days.
10. ↔ Avenged Sevenfold / Peak: 10 / Last Week: 10 / Weeks On: 2
Albums sold last week: 0 (Hail to the King, August 27)
Facebook Fan Engagement: 1.0% Fan Activity (14,223,334 likes · 153,991 talking about this)
YouTube: 2.56 million (“Hail to the King” official premiere)
Holy crap that YouTube number! Still I feel like there’s a bit of a lack of buzz this time around… maybe it’s just my perception.