Neilstein Soundscam: Through the Never, Coming to a Dream Theater Near You
Dream Theater and Metallica made big splashes with debuts this week but neither could grab the top spot of the Neilstein power rankings.
More details sales number this week and every week at Metal Insider.
1. ↔ Carcass / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 1 / Weeks On: 6
That is what you call maintaining buzz after release week — the Facebook Fan Engagement percentage actually went UP.
2. ↑ Dream Theater / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 7 / Weeks On: 3
Right in that 20-40k comfort zone they’re always in first week, just like I predicted. This band’s albums still sell like clockwork.
3. ♦ Metallica / Peak: 3 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 3
Albums sold last week: 25,250 (Through the Never Soundtrack, debut)
Facebook Fan Engagement: 1.4% (32,630,393 likes · 459,852 talking about this)
The superfans will buy anything, and this band has a ton of superfans. The full-on media blitz for the movie has been insane, with all the mainstream outlets covered in addition to the usual metal suspects.
4. ↓ Avenged Sevenfold / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 10
Albums sold last week: 15,200 (Hail to the King, week five)
Facebook Fan Engagement: 1.2% Fan Activity (14,926,899 likes · 189,684 talking about this)
YouTube: 4.94 million (“Hail to the King” official premiere)
What’s even more amazing than the continued album sales is the continued rise in YouTube views.
5. ↓ Gwar / Peak: 3 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 4
6. ↓ Ulcerate / Peak: 4 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 5
Stream the entire new album here.
7. ↑ Protest the Hero / Peak: 7 / Last Week: 8 / Weeks On: 3
8. ↑ Red Fang / Peak: 8 / Last Week: 9 / Weeks On: 2
The Fang continue to build momentum towards their album release.
9. ♦ Ihsahn / Peak: 9 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Albums sold last week: 0 (Das Seelenbrechen, October 22)
Facebook Fan Engagement: 12.6% (43,313 likes · 5,475 talking about this)
Ihsahn and his team really need to work on his YouTube presence. But the excitement for this album’s release is definitely there, and the early buzz is good. Stream new song “Hiber” here.
10. ♦ Rivers of Nihil / Peak: 10 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Never have I seen MetalSucks commenters so united in praise of a new band.