In Which Benton Broke Glass
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, October 21 – October 25, 2013
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, this week’s top stories:
- We debuted new music from Philip H. Anselmo and The Illegals, Disfiguring the Goddess, Tidal Arms, Fulgora, and So Hideous.
- Three fans were seriously injured by an assailant at a Deicide show; then support act, Broken Hope, were kicked off the tour, allegedly because Glen Benton was being an asshole. But now that we’ve gotten the first interview with Benton since the incident, we’re gonna go ahead and postulate that they got kicked off because Shaun Glass is an asshole. That version of the story actually makes WAY more sense.
- We got the skinny on how Eddie Hermida came to join Suicide Silence and how his doing so left All Shall Perish no choice but to fire him.
- Metallica announced their first-ever show in… Antarctica???
- There was a TON of news about the new Max Cavalera/Greg Puciato/Troy Sanders supergroup, including the announcement of their name, their signing to Nuclear Blast, and the first photo of them in the studio.
- Orgy accused everyone who noticed that their crowdfunding campaign failed of being “haters.” Then their guitar player quit the band.
- Our verdict on Lamb of God’s remixed and remastered edition of As the Palaces Burn? It’s a slam dunk!!!
- Pig Destoyer got a bass player!!!
- GWAR’s Oderus Urungus read Goodnight, Moon.
- What happens when you don’t pay your engineer? This.
That’s a wrap for this week. Have a killer weekend and we’ll see ya Monday!!!
Sponsored Links from Across the Internet