In Which Things Went South (by Southwest)
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, March 10 – March 14, 2014
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, this week’s top stories:
- Tool clarified that, no, their new album is not complete and ready for release.
- Speaking of Tool: we made a note to never hire Maynard’s interior decorator.
- Former Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo claimed that he only made $67,000 touring with the band in 2011 — but figures cited in his divorce papers tell us he actually made about $200,000 from his work with Slayer that year.
- Indian’s Will Lindsay had some kind words for Deafheaven… although he may have meant Ghost.
- Sergeant D. wondered if it’s time for an OLD SCHOOL FLORIDA DEATH METAL revival.
- Key & Peele made the best power metal video of all time.
- We checked out portraits of former bandmates taken before they started feuding.
- We watched footage of Rush’s Alex Lifeson, at the tender young age of seventeen, convincing his parents to let him drop out of school and become a musician.
- We learned why we suck at sweep picking.
- We fell in love with the death metal disco of Future Islands.
‘Til Monday… Final reminder that our South by Southwest showcase with Animals as Leaders, After the Burial, Ringworm, Iron Reagan, Mutoid Man, Whores, and East of the Wall is TONIGHT. Go! Buy Vince a drink! Have a fun… but stay SAFE! PLEASE!!!