In Which We Weren’t as Big as Metallica
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, March 17 – March 21, 2014
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, this week’s top stories:
- Vince explained why there will never be another metal band as big as Metallica.
- Speaking of Metallica: they premiered a new song, “The Lords of Summer,” live, and then in demo form.
- Arch Enemy announced that vocalist Angela Gossow was leaving the band, and will be replaced by Alissa White-Gluz from The Agonist. Then they debuted their first song with both White-Gluz and new guitarist Nick Cordle (ex-Arsis).
- Machine Head’s Robb Flynn vented about the current state of the music industry.
- Thy Art is Murder and Touché Amoré both celebrated the death of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps.
- This Indonesian presidential candidate is a self-professed fan of Metallica, Megadeth, Lamb of God, and Napalm Death.
- Courtney Love located the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370! And then she solved several more of history’s most baffling mysteries!
- Deftones guitarist Stephen Carpenter hotboxed a car and discussed the band’s next album.
- We played with heavy metal Legos.
- We are seriously considering purchasing former W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes’ ’87 Pontiac.
- We announced the next two volumes of our FREE NYC Sucks compilations, featuring some of New York’s best metal acts!!!
Have a relaxing weekend, gang. We’ll see ya Monday!