In Which Oderus Urungus Returned to His Home Planet
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, March 24 – March 28, 2014
We haven’t curated a Worst Week playlist this week — instead, we’ve just thrown together all the music by GWAR, The Dave Brockie Experience, and X-Cops available on Spotify. We suggest you put it on shuffle and let ‘er rip. It’s the best way to honor this fallen hero.
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, this week’s top stories:
- GWAR’s Dave Brockie, a.k.a. Oderus Urungus, has passed away at age fifty. The outpouring of grief from the metal community has been moving, to put it mildly. Police sources say drugs may be involved in Brockie’s untimely death, the loss is a tragic one, regardless of the circumstances.
- Dave Mustaine claimed he didn’t say the things we have audio of him saying.
- Racist Ted Nugent was paid $16,000 NOT to perform at a town in Texas.
- We premiered new music from ASG and Enthroned.
- We wondered if Facebook is trying to extort bands and brands.
- Sergeant D. gave us a sneak peek at Metal Goes Metal, Volume 1.
- Sumerian Records announced that they’re releasing a Florence + The Machine tribute album.
- Emmure’s Frankie Palmeri cried about how the kids used to make fun of his suspenders.
- Alter Bridge’s Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy are fans of Gojira, Slayer, and black metal!
- King Buzzo from the Melvins is NOT a fan of Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters!
That’s it for us this week. Hopefully next week is better. See ya then.