Exclusive Track Premiere: “To Sow The Seeds of Earth” by Hannes Grossmann
Hannes Grossmann needs no introduction. He’s just thirty-three years old, and the songwriter/producer is already a legend in the metal world, thanks to his work drumming for bands like Necrophagist, Obscura, Blotted Science, Alkaloid, and Hate Eternal. And that’s to say nothing of The Radial Covenant, his absolutely mind-blowing, crowdfunded 2014 solo debut.
So, great news: Grossmann is now hard at work on his sophomore solo release! It’s called The Crypts of Sleep, and like its predecessor, it will be paid for via an Indiegogo campaign. Grossmann’s end goal is flexible, but he’s hoping to raise a total of €10,000 — a little more than $11,000 — to produce the album, which will feature an all-star cavalcade of collaborators:
- Morean – Vocals (Dark Fortress, Alkaloid)
- Danny Tunker – Rhythm and lead guitars (Abhorrent, Alkaloid, ex-Aborted)
- Linus Klausenitzer – Bass (Obscura, Alkaloid)
- Fountainhead – Solo guitar (ex-Obscura)
- Per Nilsson – Solo guitar (Scar Symmetry)
- Erik Rutan – Solo guitars (Hate Eternal, ex-Morbid Angel)
- Christian Muenzner – Lead guitars (Spawn of Possession, ex-Obscura,
ex-Necrophagist, Alkaloid, Eternity’s End)
Hopefully, if you’re reading this, you’re already sold and willing to donate. But in case you need some proof that The Crypts of Sleep is absolutely worth your hard earned moolah, MetalSucks is proud to debut the album’s first single, “To Sow the Seeds of Earth.” The song is a tech-death masterpiece unto itself. Listen:
See? We told you!
So what are you waiting for? Go here to donate to the fund. As always, there are a ton of cool perks being offered in exchange for your donation, including having Hannes produce, or even play on, one of your band’s tracks! Get on this shit!!!