Metal Allegiance + The Black Dahlia Murder’s Trevor Strnad Post New Song “The Accuser”
The new Metal Allegiance album, the supergroup’s second, has a whoooole lot of awesome guest vocalists surrounding the band’s core of Alex Skolnick (guitar, Testament), Mike Portnoy (drums, tons of bands), David Ellefson (bass, Megadeth) and Mark Menghi (songwriter and also bass). Here’s the tracklist, along with all of those guest spots:
1. The Accuser (feat. Trevor Strnad)
2. Bound by Silence (feat. John Bush)
3. Mother of Sin (feat. Bobby Blitz)
4. Terminal Illusion (feat. Mark Tornillo)
5. King with a Paper Crown (feat. Johan Hegg)
6. Voodoo of the Godsend (feat. Max Cavalera)
7. Liars & Thieves (feat. Troy Sanders)
8. Impulse Control (feat. Mark Osegueda)
9. Power Drunk Majesty (Part I) (feat. Mark Osegueda)
10. Power Drunk Majesty (Part II) (feat. Floor Jansen)
That the band chose the Trevor Strnad-led track “The Accuser” to kick things off on Power Drunk Majesty shows they have a whole lot of confidence in the track, and with good reason: it slaps hard, in that old school thrash kinda way with a little bit of a newer feel. It never occurred to me to think about Strnad’s vocals in any context other than death metal, but it completely works here; those higher-pitched growls work really well, giving the track an extra aggressive feel you normally wouldn’t expect from this kind of music. Skolnick’s leads absolutely rip here too.
Power Drunk Majesty is out today; order it here.