OMG: SLIPKNOT ARE IN THE STUDIO
Slipknot vocalist and walking God-Man Corey Taylor has posted the following communiqué on Instagram:
Although your initial guess is likely “Taking a selfie and posting it on social media,” all the knobs and doo-hickeys and stuff behind Corey suggest that he, in fact, posting this from a recording studio, where, we can assume, they are currently making the new Slipknot album. (Also, Corey said that Slipknot would hit the studio in January, which is now.)
Although we still don’t know what the ‘Knot’s latest offering will be called or when it will be out, Maggots have been instructed to expect a summer release.
Here’s everything else we know about the album thus far:
- Corey Taylor thinks the album will include “our heaviest song” to date. He has also described the record as “if the guys who made Iowa matured.”
- Clown says the album is thematically about “good vs. evil, or in this sense, evil vs. good.”
- It is not being produced by Ross Robinson.
- Its release will coincide with that of new masks.
- Its release may also coincide with that of a new clothing line made in collaboration with Supreme.
- The band will support the album with a summer tour of Europe as well as an appearance at this year’s Iowa State Fair.
- It will likely include “All Out Life,” the new song the band released in October.
That’s all we got right now. But we’ll be sure to keep you abreast of any major Slipknot developments, be they regarding the new album, the band’s new masks, Corey’s theories about what will happen in Avengers: Endgame, how Craig Fehn deals with gas pain, or any other topic you can possibly imagine.
[via The PRP]