Opeth: New Album Title, Cover Art, and Track List Revealed
Last month, Opeth’s tour manager said that the band’s new album would “probably” be released in September. And while we still don’t have an official release date for the darn thing, we do have so much other info that it seems safe to assume he wasn’t that far off the mark.
The album will be called In Cauda Venenum, which is Latin for “the poison is in the tail.” While this seems like a literal reference to a scorpion or some such creature, it’s actually an expression which basically means “The shit part is at the end.” So, like, if I was telling you a nice story about spending the day with a mutual friend, and then at the end I was like “Unfortunately right as we finished hanging he was flattened by a falling Acme safe,” you could say In cauda venenum. See? Don’t say metal never taught ya nuthin’.
Here’s the cover art, which is like an ornate, foreboding version of the poster for the Clue movie:
And here’s the track list:
1. “Livet’s Trädgård / Garden of Earthly Delights (Intro)”
2. “Svekets Prins / Dignity
3. “Hjärtat Vet Vad Handen Gör / Heart in Hand”
4. “De Närmast Sörjande / Next of Kin”
5. “Minnets Yta / Lovelorn Crime”
6. “Charlatan ”
7. “Ingen Sanning Är Allas / Universal Truth”
8. “Banemannen / The Garroter”
9. “Kontinuerlig Drift / Continuum”
10. “Allting Tar Slut / All Things Will Pass”
As soon as we know a release date, you’ll know a release date.