Varg Banned by YouTube, Chris Adler’s Uncertain Future in Lamb of God, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
‘Twas quite a week in metal, wasn’t it? White supremacists, white bats, black vinyl… and, as usual, a healthy dose of Slipknot.
Here are the top ten stories from the week spanning June 3rd through 7th, 2019:
- Varg Vikernes’s YouTube channel was shut down shortly after the streaming service announced a ban on white supremacist and conspiracy theory-based content
- Randy Blythe uttered some not-very-encouraging words regarding the future of Chris Adler as Lamb of God’s drummer
- Kirk Hammett shared the Metallica guitar solo of which he is most proud
- You all voted and told us what you think of Slipknot’s latest single, “Unsainted”
- Slipknot drummer Jay Weinberg revealed the crazy story behind how he joined the band
- Darkthrone, Ozzy and Misfits vinyl were among the most expensive items sold on Discogs.com
- A metal supergroup paid tribute to The Mars Volta with a spirited performance of their debut record De-Loused in the Comatorium
- Disturbed’s David Draiman slammed Roger Waters “and his Nazi comrades” for their boycott of Israel
- We gave Baroness’s new album Gold & Grey the official review treatment
- Former Arkansas governor and ex-presidential candidate Mike Huckabee jammed “Blind” with Korn’s Brian “Head” Welch
That’s all for now, folks. We’ll be in and out over the weekend as usual, but we’ll be back Monday in full force.
The MetalSucks Playlist: