Windhand Robbed in Houston
Windhand’s current tour supporting Russian Circles ran into difficulties when thieves got their hands on the band’s gear in Houston, TX last night, November 6.
The band hasn’t made details of the theft available, but they’ve released a list of gear that was stolen – and sadly stated that they will be adding more to the already painfully long list. They have urged fans to keep their eyes peeled in case something turns up and to spread the news far and wide.
It is unclear at this point whether the tour will go on, but it seems unlikely due to the gravity of the loss. Let’s hope that justice is served to the gear thieves.
Here’s the list of stolen gear that the band has posted so far. Anyone with knowledge of its whereabouts should contact the band via social media.
– ‘79 Rickenbacker 4001 (maybe walnut burst) with a busted pick guard and the D string tunes in the wrong direction. Beat to shit.
– ‘2011 White Gibson SG. White bridge pickup with personal info and identifying marks under the pick guard. Beat to shit. In a Gibson case with G1 painted on it.
– 2013 black Gibson SG (not pictured). Silver pickups with ‘1974’ painted under the pickups. In a Gibson case with G2 painted on it.
– ‘82 Rickenbacker 4001 bass with a Seymour Duncan bridge pickup. Almost everything is blacked out including a custom-made black truss rod cover so it doesn’t say “Rickenbacker.” This was in a custom @emperorcabinets flight case covered in stickers and, you guessed it, beat to shit.
– Ludwig black beauty snare (not pictured). 14×6.5” in a case with our logo spray painted on it.
-Ray ban wayfarer sunglasses
-Sennheiser hd380 headphones
-2nd gen ipad in case with Keyboard
-Microphones in gator case with Windhand and Genocide pact sticker. My name Chris Moore on case (Dag nasty and windhand stickers)
-Shure beta 91
-Shure beta 52
-Shure beta 57
-Shure sm57 x 3
-Sennheiser e604 x 3
-Audio technica ae3000
-Radial jrx 48
[via Metal Insider]