At the Movies (Soilwork, King Diamond, Hammerfall, Etc.) Cover “Never Ending Story,” Solicit Suggestions for Songs From ’90s Films
At the Movies, the Scandavian supergroup whose covers of songs from various cinematic hits of the 1980s have been keeping us so entertained during the quarantine, have released their latest reinterpretation of what I just described: the title track from 1984’s The NeverEnding Story, which was written and produced by Giorgio Moroder and originally performed by Limahl. You can check it out below.
At the Movies is:
- Björn “Speed” Strid (Soilwork, The Night Flight Orchestra): vocals
- Chris Laney (Randy Piper’s Animal, Zan Clan): guitars, vocals
- Allan Sørensen (Royal Hunt, Pretty Maids): drums
- Morten Sandager (Mercenary, Pretty Maids): keyboards
- Pontus Egberg (King Diamond): bass
- Pontus Norgren (Hammerfall): guitars
- Linnéa Vikström Egg (QFT, Therion): backing vocals
At the Movies have also announced that this will be their “last song of the season.” I’m not clear what they mean by “the season.” The literal season? Until the next spike in coronavirus cases necessitates that we all scurry back indoors for another three months? No idea. Regardless, they promise they’ll be back, this time doing songs from ’90s movies, and they’re soliciting suggestions.
Since they asked, here is shit I’d love to see this band cover. I’d tell you to leave your own suggestions in the comments, but you should probably leave it on their YouTube page instead.