Dave Lombardo and Zakk Wylde Featured in DC Comics’ Dark Nights: Death Metal; First Episode Available
I have not done the best job keeping up with DC Comics’ Metal titles/storyline/universe, despite being a DC Comics nerd and a huge fan of writer Scott Snyder and, of course, artist/known metalhead Greg Capullo (who has also designed album covers for Disturbed). Which I mention only because I cannot really tell you what the what is going on in the first episode of Dark Nights: Death Metal, the new animated series the comics publishing giant is producing with Loma Vista Recordings. Batman is there and The Batman Who Laughs, a kinda Batman/Joker hybrid from an alternate reality, is also there, and the two of them are in some kind of conflict. That’s about as much set-up as I can give you.
I can tell you that, true to its name, Dark Nights: Death Metal is metal as fuck, for the following reasons:
- The score is by Tyler Bates (Guardians of the Galaxy, John Wick), who has been a frequent collaborator with Marilyn Manson.
- Said score features Dave Lombardo (ex-Slayer) on drums and Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society, one of Capullo’s favorite bands) on guitar.
- It includes “Skull with a Forked Tongue” by Carach Angren (also a new Rise Against song but whatever).
- Chelsea Wolfe provides the voice of Wonder Woman.
- Andy Biersack (Black Veil Brides) provides the voice of Batman and he’s actually not terrible (I mean he’s no Kevin Conroy, but who is?).
You can watch the debut episode of Dark Nights: Death Metal below. The soundtrack doesn’t have a release date yet.
[via Metal Hammer]