Gatecreeper Announce First Livestream Concert
Hot (or at least warm) on the heels of surprise releasing their An Unexpected Reality EP last month, Gatecreeper have announced that they’ll play their first livestream concert on Friday, February 19 at 6:00PM PT/9:00PM ET.
Tickets range from $10 – $50, depending whether or not you buy a merch package. You can get ’em here.
Says frontman Chase Mason of the event:
“It’s been over a year since our last show and we have been dying to play together again. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to play in a sweaty packed club, but we are working hard to make this livestream as close as possible to the real thing. We hope everybody will be circle pitting in their living room or headbanging on their couch along with us.”
So that should be fun! I would like to offer some advice to fans who, like Mason, are bummed that the show can’t take place in a “sweaty packed club” right now — you can make your living room feel like a sweaty packed club.
- Go to the store. Whatever beer costs, insist on paying three times as much.
- Go home. Open the beer and leave it sitting out for 24 hours so it become room temperature and flat.
- Make sure it is roughly fifteen-twenty degrees too hot in the room.
- Fill a humidifier with fart spray and leave it running.
- Shove all of your furniture into the middle of the room.
- Squeeze yourself uncomfortably in-between the crevices of that furniture. Bonus points if you have a tall object you can place directly in your line of sight to partially obscure your view of the show.
And voila! You may as well be at Dingbatz right now!!!
While you make those preparations, enjoy this trailer for the Gatecreeper livestream: