Linkin Park’s Second Unreleased Meteora Track “Fighting Myself” Available Now
Weeks after their first unreleased track “Lost” blew up on streaming services, the surviving members of Linkin Park have once again pulled back the curtain on their upcoming 20th anniversary of the release of Meteora — only this time it’s with their second single “Fighting Myself.”
Originally released back in 2003 following the massive success of Hybrid Theory, Meteora was the nu-metal/rap metal band’s sophomore album that featured even more commercially successful hits in the early 2000s. It ended up going multi-platinum and undoubtedly influenced a large number of artists in multiple genres today.
As for the track, it’s a Linkin Park ass Linkin Park song. It’s got the DJing and rapping and the occasional soaring vocals from the late Chester Bennington. The video itself features watercolor art that looks like it was generated by an AI, which is at times pretty visually arresting.
The 20th Anniversary Edition of Meteora will be released on April 7. It will come in a variety of formats, including a special Limited Edition Super Deluxe Box Set of Meteora:
- A total of six previously unreleased songs, including “Lost,” along with demos, b-sides, live shows, and never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage.
- Five LPs, including Meteora, Live in Texas for the first time on vinyl and the previously unreleased Live in Nottingham 2003
- Four CDs – Meteora, LPU Rarities 2.0, Live Rarities 2003-2004, and Lost Demos
- Three DVDs, including the previously unreleased The Making of Meteora/The Art of Meteora/Work In Progress, Veterans Stadium (2003), Live in Seoul (2003), Live In Manila (2004), and Live in Denver – Projekt Revolution 2004.
- A 40-page book, 36” x 24” poster, litho, sticker sheet, stencil, and hi-res download card.
As well as a Deluxe Vinyl Box Set that features the previously listed LPs and CDs. The release will also be available as standalone offerings. All versions and variants are currently available for preorder today.