IN WHICH WE WERE ALL PIT, NO SH*T
Have you signed up for our email list yet? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also just friend me or friend Vince, or follow me on Twitter or follow Vince on Twitter!
It was only a four-day work week this week, and STILL a ton of shit happened. Here’s your rundown:
- We debuted new music by Serpentine Path and, thanks to Decibel, Deceased.
- We reviewed the latest releases from Pig Destroyer, The Faceless, As I Lay Dying, The Chariot, and Defiler.
- Eyal Levi from Audiohammer Studios wondered if Guitar Pro is ruining music, while Gwar’s Dave Brockie gave us the latest on the NFL.
- We were devastated to learn that Hydra Head Records is going out of business.
- We saw what would happen if scientists and philosophers were metal bands.
- We wondered, “Which bands are the Big Four of death metal?”
- We got excited by the rumor that Brian Benoit might re-join The Dillinger Escape Plan.
- We also got excited that High on Fire’s Matt Pike got a new t-shirt!
- We also also got excited watching members of Tool, Rush, System of a Down, and Primus jam.
- We learned that Judas Priest might sue The Gap.
We have a big big big announcement coming next week about another (not CMJ!) super-awesome event we’re involved with… so be back here Monday! ‘Til then…