THIS WEEK’S SOUNDSCAN NUMBERS REVEALED
This week’s big story is the comparatively disappointing debut of Velvet Revolver’s Libertad, which despite a #5 debut sold about 1/3 the number of first week copies as its predecessor Contraband. Recent mainstays Linkin Park, Rush, Ozzy, Marilyn Manson and Papa Roach hang on to solid Top 100 spots while Queens of the Stone Age drops precipitously. Detailed chart positions and sales numbers after the jump.
#5: Velvet Revolver, Libertad
This Week: 93,422 (debut)
Low compared to Contraband numbers, but not bad compared to everything else in 2007. The label made a terrible choice with the first single and I doubt the band will recoup as a result, but they should be fine making big bucks on the road where they’re still in high demand.
#9: Linkin Park, Minutes to Midnight
This Week: 56,545
#58: Rush, Snakes & Arrows
This Week: 12,642
#60: Ozzy Osbourne, Black Rain
This Week: 12,399
Gotta hand it to the old coot for hangin’ in there. This is a pretty respectable cumulative number.
#73: Marilyn Manson, Eat Me, Drink Me
This Week: 10,608
Two or three more weeks and he’s off the chart unless a new single can resuscitate him.
#76: Three Days Grace, One-X
This Week: 9,732
#84: Queens of the Stone Age, Era Vulgaris
This Week: 8,947
Four weeks on the chart and already down to #84. Totally over.
#87: Papa Roach, Paramour Session
This Week: 8,345
Hangin’ on by a thread:
- #103: Buckcherry, 15 (Cume: 772,832)
- #108: Breaking Benjamin, Phobia (Cume: 689,019)
- #110: Nine Inch Nails, Year Zero (Cume: 401,675)
- #146: Incubus, Light Grenades (Cume: 623,190)
- #152: Chris Cornell, Carry On (Cume: 73,834)
- #160: Stone Sour, Come What(ever) May (Cume: 593,607)
- #163: Hellyeah, Hellyeah (Cume: 135,820)
- #172: Dream Theater, Systematic Chaos (Cume: 65,868)
- #182: Tool, 10,000 Days (Cume: 1,522,157)
- #186: Bullet For My Valentine, The Poison (Cume: 292,574)