IN WHICH WE STOPPED KILLING BABY SEALS
This coming Monday the entire MetalSucks staff will each release Top 10 lists for the entire year in metal of 2008. Get psyched! Things have been slowing down here at the MS Mansion as the holidays approach, but we still found ways to keep it fun this week:
- Axl Rose finally did some press to support Chinese Democracy… but as usual, there’s an asterisk.
- We debuted a new, exclusive Daath track — a medley of Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Dying Fetus covers.
- We interviewed members of Clutch, Bison B.C., Dir En Grey, and Fear Factory / Arkaea.
- Job For a Cowboy’s Jonny Davy blogged about urination and hotel trashing, while Darkest Hour’s Mike Schleibaum’s guest blog claimed that Entombed’s Uprising and Morning Star are two of the most underrated albums of all time. Oh, and The Haunted’s Peter Dolving blogged about sleep.
- Gojira’s Joe Duplantier orders you to stop the killing of baby seals but apparently has no problem with ripping New York City a new arsehole.
- Meshuggah + Cynic + The Faceless = The Erection Tour of 2009.
- The metal industry lost a kindred soul. R.I.P. Adrian Bromley.