PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON’T LET JOEY BELLADONNA RE-JOIN ANTHRAX AGAIN
What. A. Douche.
Excuse me if there are a lotta typos in this post – it’s hard to see the monitor through my tears. Why am I weeping as I type this? Because I just read the following on Blabbermouth:
Former ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna was seen with ANTHRAXdrummer Charlie Benante and bassist Frank Bello this past Wednesday (April 28) at the FOZZY concert at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City, prompting speculation that he is in talks to rejoin the band in time for the group’s upcoming “Big Four” shows in Europe withMETALLICA, MEGADETH and SLAYER. (Belladonna lives in upstate New York while Benante is a Chicago resident, making it somewhat unlikely that this was simply a chance encounter.)
Oh dear sweet God, I’m sorry I ever doubted your existence. Please stop punishing me. Please please please make it so Joey Belladonna is going nowehre near fucking Anthrax ever again. Unless it’s the disease and not the band, in which case, y’know. Rock on.
Unless having Belladonna on-stage for a few songs is a John Bush-approved move – and I kinda doubt that it is, given that Bush declined the option to share the band with Belladonna the last time The Italian Scallion re-joined the group – this is going to be a fucking disaster. Why?
- Joey Belladonna sucks in every conceivable way.
- It would mean that Worship Music will probably come out sometime in 2015, and will suck harder than Tripp Eisen in a prison shower.
- It would mean that John Bush is out of the band AGAIN, and that the Anthrax singer drama has officially reached L.A. Guns-levels of surreal idiocy.
- It would mean that it really, truly is time to write-off Anthrax as being at all relevant.
- I’m not quite sure how, but it would probably make me lose some respect for Brian Posehn.
- Did I mention that Joey Belladonna is fucking awful?
So I guess we’ll see how this one plays out. But if Belladonna is back in the band and Bush is out, well… I guess I can finally stop thinking about Anthrax and move on with my life.