IN WHICH WE WEREN’T NOMINATED FOR A GOLDEN GOD AWARD
I mean, talk about a snub, right?!?
ANYWAY, tomorrow afternoon, Vince and I will attend the wedding of one of our oldest friends. A guy I have known since I was two years old. The very dude who was by my side the first time I heard Guns N’ Roses. I don’t think he had any idea at the time that I had just headed down a path from which I would never return. He works for a classy magazine now, and wears a suit and tie to work. I do this, and usually do it in boxers and a stinky shirt with some metal band on it.
I don’t have a point or anything. I’m just feeling reflective right now.
And now that I got that out of my system, here’s the rundown of things we did this week:
- We got a tour update from Valient Thorr’s Valient Himself.
- We spoke to Tommy Rogers from Between the Buried and Me, Oppu Laine and Mikko Kotomäki from Barren Earth, Kenn Nardi from Anacrusis, and Mike Riley and Dom Romeo from Pulling Teeth.
- We checked out new releases from As Blood Runs Black, Capsule, and Crucified Mortals and Nunslaughter.
- We checked out the newest lucky band to sign to leading independent music retailer VICTORY RECORDS.
- We made the mistake of following Vinnie Paul onto his tour bus.
- We helped our friends at the Deciblog defend Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy.
- We listened to the worst dubstep metal bastardization yet.
- We got excited about the new Scar Symmetry album.
- We sent out well wishes to Vince Neil while he’s in prison.
- We read some fan mail.
Okay now I’m gonna go pick up my new suit for tomorrow! WHOO-HOO TO BEIN’ A BIG KID! See you peeps Monday.