IN WHICH WE DID NOT SUCCESSFULLY #FREERANDYBLYTHE
Have you signed up for our email list yet? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also just friend Axl or friend me, or follow Axl on Twitter or follow me on Twitter!
Here’s what happened during this BBQ-shortened week:
- RandyBlytheSucks continued unabated at this domain name as we covered every bizarre twist and turn in this developing story. The latest: Lamb of God finally released an official statement today and there’s a petition being sent to the White House.
- The Contortionist’s Jonathan Carpenter wrote up a Rigged column for us, detailing both his microphone and keyboard live setups.
- We reviewed Periphery’s new album, Periphery II: This Time It’s Misha Balls (the real, REAL title).
- After seemingly every band dropped off the tour, the Shockwave Festival finally cut the chord and canceled all dates.
- We recounted our experiences at a recent Van Halen show and the Death To All show in Los Angeles.
- We interviewed Look Right Penny and baffled the Metalnets at large with their denial of using AutoLabonte.
- We launched a contest to give away a Jim Root signature head via Orange Amps.
- We contemplated the future existence (or lack thereof) of Porcupine Tree, Abigail Williams and Winds of Plague.
That’s all, folks. Let’s meet right back here at this very same place at 10am EDT on Monday, mmkay??