Ted Nugent Compares Jewish Movie Mogul Harvey Weinstein to Nazi Joseph Goebbels
Infamous movie mogul Harvey Weinstein recently revealed that he and Meryl Streep are going to make an anti-NRA movie, The Senator’s Wife, promising that the NRA are “going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.” That’s obviously a bold threat, and one that’s unlikely to come to fruition; I mean, I’m sure Weinstein and Streep will make the movie and I’m sure people will see it, I just can’t see it single handedly solving the gun crisis in this country while shaming the NRA. And I’m sure that Weinstein is aware of this; he’s just being a good hype man. Remember that this is a guy whose business thrives on controversy! In 2004, after his then-bosses at Disney refused to allow Weinstein to release Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11, he and his brother, Bob, bought the movie outright and self-distributed it, making their spat with Disney very public in the process; the movie went on to become one of the highest-grossing documentaries of all time.
Still, CHRIST FORBID that someone even THINK about taking away Ted Nugent’s guns (or I guess even THINK about maybe making a movie which could potentially make him feel bad about owning those guns). So The Nuge immediately took to an NRA talk show (They have those?) called Cam & Company to make it clear that Harvey Weinstein is an evil, evil man, and that anyone who views The Senator’s Wife “will see that Joseph Goebbels and Saul Alinsky is alive in the form a fat punk named Harvey Weinstein.”
I probably don’t have to detail the number of ways in which this statement is absolutely moronic, but I will anyway:
- In case his name didn’t tip you off, Harvey Weinstein is Jewish, and therefore probably would not have been well-respected by the Nazis.
- When Goebbels’ propaganda films were a success, people went to concentration camps. If Weinstein’s propaganda film is a success, people will go to the Oscars.
- In case his name didn’t tip you off, Saul Alinsky was also Jewish.
- Goebbels was one of Hitler’s closest confidants and collaborators; Alinsky once threatened to organize a “fart in” at the symphony to protest racism.
- Nugent regularly wears a big bright symbol of racist ideals in public, which or more or less denies him the right to accuse anyone else of being a Nazi.
So my point is basically this: Nugent, like that “Johnny Bones” schmuck from last week, makes the right look really bad. I understand that not everyone agrees with Weinstein’s stance on guns, but making the stupidest comparison in the history of comparisons is NOT gonna help those folks’ case, y’know?
[via The Huffington Post]