In Which We Were Metal Trolls
See? Special playtime with Uncle Vince wasn’t so bad, was it?? Come back again soon, but don’t tell mommy and daddy about what we did, ya hear?
THE METALSUCKS WORST WEEK PLAYLIST — WEEK OF AUGUST 18 – AUGUST 22, 2014
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend Axl and friend me, then follow Axl on Twitter and follow me on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
Here are this week’s top stories:
- We learned how not to act like completely annoying toolbags when we meet our favorite bands at shows.
- We learned that we may or may not be Metal Trolls, but you definitely are.
- A Day To Remember guitarist Neil Westfall tought himself “How To Be Metal.”
- Behemoth were forced to perform without makeup or costumes when their gear shipment didn’t arrive in time, and we ogled at their pretty faces.
- The mighty Gwar returned in style with a triumphant show at the Gwar-B-Q (pics here), then they announced a full two-month North American tour for the fall. We also said goodbye to Oderus Urungus via viking funeral (pics here).
- We listened to a stoney, doomy new Electric Wizard jam with plenty of elephants marching riffs and NSFW artwork.
- Vince proclaimed that this live video of Robyn + Roykskopp performing on Jimmy Fallon was the most metal thing he’d seen all week.
- Do you like cats? Do you like drums? So do we, so we really enjoyed this video of a cat playing the drums.
- We learned that Superjoint Ritual will be reuniting for the Housecore Horror Film Fest, although they’ll simply be calling themselves “Superjoint” and we don’t know who’s in the band yet.
- Ice T reading clips from a Dungeons and Dragons book. ‘Nuff said!
- We marveled at Haste the Day’s inexplicable popularity after learning they crowd-funded over $30k for a new album in just two days.
- This twelve-year old kid posted an admirable vocal cover of Soilwork’s “Stabbing the Drama.”
Axl will be back in the Mansion on Monday so it’s back to business as usual. See you then!