Exclusive Track Debut: “Cthulhu” by Alkaloid
You should already be hip to Alkaloid, the new tech-death band we’ve been talking up since this past July. But in case your head has been up your ass: this band’s line-up reads like a who’s who esteemed European prog metallers. No exaggeration, these dudes have one of the best collective resumés ever:
- Morean (Dark Fortress, Noneuclid) – Vocals, Guitars
- Christian Muenzner (Spawn of Possession, Ex-Obscura, Ex-Necrophagist) – Guitars
- Danny Tunker (Aborted, Ex-God Dethroned) – Guitars
- Linus Klausenitzer (Obscura, Noneuclid) – Bass
- Hannes Grossmann (Blotted Science, Ex-Obscura, Ex-Necrophagist) – Drums
Holy shit, right? That these five guys are all now playing together seems too good to be true. There’s no way they can live up to the gold standard set forth by their other projects… right?
Wrong. As demonstrated by their new song “Cthulhu,” Alkaloid are more than worthy of fans’ lofty expectations. “Cthulhu” has to be one of the best Morbid Angel songs that Morbid Angel never wrote… and it’s just a small taste of the band’s diverse material.
MetalSucks is proud to debut “Cthulhu,” which is available for your streaming pleasure below. Alkaloid are currently in the midst of a crowd-funding campaign for their new album, The Malkuth Grimoire. They’ve already surpassed their goal of raising €12,000, but you should still donate, if for no other reason than to purchase this awesome record!!!