Announcing the Seventh Almost-Annual “Run MetalSucks for a Day” Contest!!!
Awwww yeah: for almost the seventh straight year (we forgot in 2014 — whoopsie), MetalSucks is going to give one lucky reader the chance to completely take over the site for the day! Whether you love or loathe MetalSucks, this is your chance to make the site everything you think it should be — even if for only twenty-four hours. We’ve had a lot of fun doing these in the past, and we’re always excited to see what the Temporary Editor-in-Chief comes up with. So here’s how it works:
- TELL US WHY WE SUCK IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW. Anytime between now and noon EST next Tuesday, October 25, leave a comment below saying why MetalSucks, y’know, sucks. (This should be easy for you guys, because it’s pretty much all you ever do anyway.) It can be as long or short as you want – it just has to be funny (hint: bigotry isn’t funny). Axl and Vince will choose five to ten of their favorites to move onto round 2. Please note that YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE COMMENTS WITH A REAL E-MAIL ADDRESS, as all finalists will be contacted by e-mail.
- VOTE FOR WHO YOU THINK SHOULD WIN. Those selected by Axl and Vince will then be announced on Wednesday, October 26, at which point you, the readers, will vote for your favorites. The poll will close at midnight EST on Friday, October 28, with the winner to be announced the following morning. And whomever wins gets to…
- TAKE OVER METALSUCKS ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5. All your stories must be turned in on Thursday, November 3 to be readied for publication. This is not because we want to look them over or edit them; on the contrary, we will be not be doing any editing or proofreading of any kind. You can say anything you want about anyone you want – you will be completely uncensored. You’ll need to provide the site slogan for that day. And if you want graphic(s) or video(s) to accompany a post, you will need to provide those, too. We just need the stories handed in a day early so we can program them to publish the following day. That’s because, unfortunately, we can’t give you an administrative MetalSucks account, as that would allow you to delete previous posts, fuck up years of hard work, etc. But every story we run that day will be written by you, with your name on the byline. MetalSucks will be your site for one day. But there is one other catch:
- IF YOU WIN, YOU HAVE TO MEET YOUR DEADLINE. Failure to claim your prize or do your job as sole editor/blogger for the day will result in your name being published on your takeover day so all the world knows you were too lazy/pussy/whatever to follow through. And that will be the only story that runs that day. Also –
- THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE ARE INELIGIBLE TO WIN: the most recent winner (in this case, Derek/Godless Angel), anyone who has ever written or worked for MetalSucks in the past, and anyone who has ever written for another prominent metal media outlet. Part of the point of this contest is to give a voice to the voiceless, so fair’s fair.
And that’s that.
Best of luck to all of this year’s entrants. Now make us laugh!!!
-Axl & Vince