These are the Best Selling Metal and Hard Rock Albums of 2017 Thus Far
The helpful folks over at Metal Insider dug in and did the homework and figured out which ten metal and hard rock albums have sold the most copies to date in 2017. Unsurprisingly, five of the ten albums are by Metallica, with The Black Album continuing to outsell most contemporary releases.
More surprising, perhaps, is that despite protests from fans over their new, poppier sound, Linkin Park still cleaned up. Also, Nickelback can surely take comfort in the knowledge that even if their most recent release posted their lowest first-week sales figures in sixteen years, they still outsold almost everyone else.
But most surprising — to me, at least — is the inclusion of Incubus. I had no idea that band was still so popular. Good for them, I guess?
Here’s the entire list:
- Metallica – Hardwired… to Self Destruct (487,000 sold)
- Linkin Park – One More Light (130,000 sold)
- Metallica – Metallica (117,000 sold)
- Incubus – 8 (75,500 sold)
- Metallica – …And Justice For All (71,500 sold)
- Metallica – Master of Puppets (71,000 sold)
- Mastodon – Emperor of Sand (71,000 sold)
- Metallica – Ride the Lightning (63,000 sold)
- Guns N’ Roses – Greatest Hits (58,000 sold)
- Nickelback – Feed the Machine (54,000 sold)