Describe Your Favorite Metal Album in Five Words
As you may or may not be aware, this week’s Most Favored Twitter Game is to describe their favorite movie in five words. So, for example, if your favorite movie is Some Kind of Monster, you
need to see more movies might say “Band therapy creates shit album.” Get it? Got it? Good.
So, I thought it would be fun to try this with some metal records. I’ve provided descriptions for some particularly famous releases below (I ignored the “favorite” part in favor of “funniest,” so some of these albums are great and some are awful… but the basic concept still applies); even though this wasn’t really intended as a guessing game, making it one also seemed like it would be fun, so you’ll have to scroll a little further down to confirm the record which each phrase describes.
I encourage you to continue in the comments section. Have fun!
- Lars Ulrich is rich, bitches!
- Corn, math, open wound sex.
- Trey, what were you thinking?!?
- Different dudes on each side.
- Before dreadlocks choked Chris’ brain.
- Dave learned nothing from Risk.
- When they stopped being glam.
- When they started being glam.
- Totally not a covers album.
- Underappreciated in its own time.
- Kerry, that’s not a word.
- The namesake of a subgenre.
- Actually, Greg dislikes this one.
- The new singer has balls.
- Is it pornography or art?
- Like Morbid Angel with whales.
- And then there were none.
- The costliest record ever made.
- Endless breakdowns forever breakdown endlessly.
- Metallica, Metallica
- Slipknot, Iowa
- Disturbed, The Sickness
- Morbid Angel, Illud Divinum Insanus
- Napalm Death, Scum
- Cannibal Corpse, The Bleeding
- Megadeth, Super Collider
- Pantera, Cowboys from Hell
- Celtic Frost, Cold Lake
- Avenged Sevenfold, Hail to the King
- At the Gates, Slaughter of the Soul
- Slayer, Repentless
- Venom, Black Metal
- The Dillinger Escape Plan, Miss Machine
- Anthrax, The Sound of White Noise
- Pig Destroyer, Prowler in the Yard
- Gojira, From Mars to Sirius
- Chimaira, The Age of Hell
- Guns N’ Roses, Chinese Democracy
- Basically any deathcore record.