R.I.P. Oli Herbert, David Draiman Ditches His Chin Piercings, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
Worst Week Ever Playlist — Week of October 15 – October 19, 2018
- Oli Herbert, guitarist for All That Remains, died at age 44. He was reportedly found in a pond near his home. Read reactions from prominent members of the metal community here.
- Disturbed’s David Draiman has removed his signature chin piercings.
- Dave Grohl left a $333 tip on a $333 bar tab specifically so that the total for his bill would be $666.
- The Worldwide Organization of Metalheads Against Nazis sent a big “fuck you” to bigots everywhere with a new 44-track compilation.
- Trivium’s Matt Heafy came to the defense of divisive Internet superstar Jared Dines.
- Nergal from Behemoth thinks there’s a little Hitler in all of us.
- Atreyu screamer Alex Varkatzas claimed that Atreyu “invented metalcore.” But a lot of other prominent metalcore musicians beg to differ.
- Corey Taylor thinks™ the new Slipknot album will include band’s heaviest songs to date.
- Mötley Crüe will release four new songs for the movie version of The Dirt, and Nikki Sixx is teasing a “big surprise,” too.
- Marilyn Manson makes dildos now.