Tobias Forge Talks About Ghost’s Next Album (Yes, Already)
In a newly-released interview clip with Loudwire, Ghost mastermind Tobias Forge talks a bit about the band’s plans for the next year-plus. Those include:
- the band’s upcoming European tour in February
- Australia in March (dates here)
- their opening slot on Metallica’s European stadium tour from May through August
- plans for another tour of the U.S. before the end of 2019 that employs the arena show used only in Los Angeles and New York so far, including stops in cities the band hasn’t played before (or in a long while)
- plans to start recording new material in early 2020
Looking at Ghost’s show calendar, they do have one U.S. gig currently on the books — May 18th at Chicago Open Air — with no other shows booked between May 13th and June 7th, so perhaps we could end up seeing that festival appearance surrounded by other shows in North America. Or not. Just a thought.
Forge jokes that “2019 is already over” from the band’s perspective, but it pretty much is: he mentions hopefully finding time to write new material during any down time during the year, but that’s gonna be difficult if all the above comes to fruition the way he says.
Forge didn’t comment on that EP he said could see the light of day in 2019.