Sodom Stream New Song “Sodom & Gomorrah”
What can I say about Sodom’s new song, “Sodom & Gomorrah,” that hasn’t been said about a flaming car wreck with no tires careening down a street choked with pedestrians? Uh… that it proves, yet again, that metalheads would probably do very well at some sort of Christian trivia game? Sodom have been doing this for 34 years. It doesn’t appear they’re ever gonna have an experimental period.
“Sodom & Gomorrah” is the first single from the German thrashers’ sixteenth (!) full-length studio album, Genesis XIX, which will be released November 27 on eOne in North America and Steamhammer/SPV in Europe. Even if the record won’t mark a noticeable departure from the sound for which Sodom are known, it will be notable for a number of reasons:
- It will be Sodom’s first album since 2016’s Decision Day.
- It will be Sodom’s first album with new members Yorck Segatz (guitars) and Toni Merkel (drums). Former members Bernd “Bernemann” Kost (guitars) Markus “Makka” Freiwald (drums) were sacked in 2018.
- It will be Sodom’s first album with returning guitarist Frank “Blackfire” Gosdzik since Agent Orange (1989).
- It will be Sodom’s first album as a quartet and not a trio.
- It’s will be Genesis XIX even though it’s coming out in MMXX.
Listen to “Sodom & Gomorrah” below. Pre-order Genesis XIX here.