Watch Trent Reznor’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Speech for Nine Inch Nails
Nine Inch Nails, along with Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G., and T-Rex, were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland last night, November 7. The ceremony was originally scheduled for May but had to be pushed back and converted into a virtual format due to the pandemic.
These are the members of the band, past and present, who were inducted into the Hall:
- programmer/keyboardist, etc. Atticus Ross (2016 – present)
- guitarist Robin Finck (1994 – 2000, 2008 – present)
- keyboardist Alessandro Cortini (2004 – 2008, 2013 – present )
- drummer Ilan Rubin (2009 – present)
- keyboardist Chris Vrenna (1988 – 1990, 1992 – 1997)
- bassist Danny Lohner (1993 – 2003)
In a speech recorded virtually and aired as part of the ceremony last night on HBO Max, band leader Trent Reznor spoke about the honor of being inducted, congratulated the above contributors and also thanked past members of the band who were not inducted. The latter group included Filter mainman Richard Patrick, who took to social media to vent about the snub when the inductee lineup was first announced.
You can watch Reznor’s speech below.