Hearing ’90s Rock for the First Time, the New Generation of All-Women Japanese Metal Bands, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
The MetalSucks Playlist — Week of May 15 – May 21, 2021
Did you miss some of this week’s top stories in the world of metal? Catch up below:
- This is what it was like to hear Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, and the Smashing Pumpkins for the first time.
- Meet the new generation of all-women Japanese metal bands.
- L.A. Rats is a new supergroup featuring Nikki Sixx, Rob Zombie, John 5, and Tommy Clufetos.
- Les Claypool from Primus opened up about his Metallica audition.
- Members of Kiss slammed the “sham” Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for the “insanity” of not including Iron Maiden.
- The Internet is pissed that Rage Against the Machine are “political” and “woke.”
- Watch these kids’ adorable cover of Rammstein.
- In the midst of his ongoing sex scandal, Megadeth’s David Ellefson has shut down his social media accounts.
- Anthrax discussed the early days of the Big Four.
- King Crimson’s Robert Fripp and Toyah Wilcox covered Steppenwolf’s “Born to Be Wild.”
That’s all for now. We’ll check in periodically over the weekend as usual and be right back at it full-bore next week.
Sponsored Links from Across the Internet