The Song That Made Marty Friedman Quit Megadeth, Muslims Mosh to Meshuggah, and More Stories You May Have Missed This Week
Worst Week Ever Playlist — Week of July 3 – July 7, 2017
- This year’s Gathering of the Juggalos will include Mushroomhead, P.O.D., Miss May I, and a bunch of other terrible metal bands.
- Dave Mustaine says the song “Breadline” was largely responsible for Marty Friedman quitting Megadeth. Of course, it wasn’t Dave’s fault, because it never is.
- Speaking of Dave Mustaine, he says that these are the four best rhythm guitarists in the world.
- This video of Muslims moshing to Meshuggah is mesmerizing.
- This is why Velvet Revolver fired Rick Rubin from producing their second album.
- Former Children of Bodom guitarist Roope Latvala says he was fired from the band without any explanation.
- Slipknot won’t perform at either version of Knotfest this year.
- Metal Hammer says that these are the forty best nu-metal songs of all time.
- Nic Ritter, former drummer for Warbringer, sadly passed away at age 37.
- Ozzfest appears to be teasing acts such as Marilyn Manson, Goatwhore, and Drowning Pool for this year’s fest.