IN WHICH WE CONTEMPLATED THE MEANING OF “BLACK” METAL
The United States has a brilliant new President in Mr. Barack Obama, and here we are debating whether or not Christians can make tr00 black metal. What can I say? Here are some other things that happened this week:
- We debuted new music from The Giraffes.
- Marilyn Manson splits with young, ghostly-looking female, contemplates future life (hint: it probably involved another ghostly-looking female 20 years his junior).
- Mastodon divulge some details about their new album (hint: lots of drugs had to have been involved).
- Sammy O’Hagar interviewed Enslaved’s Grutle Kjellson and Vince went Jew on Jew with Daath’s Eyal Levi.
- Deftones bassist Chi Cheng was in a tragic car accident and remains in a coma. Godspeed.
- Stoner legends Sleep announce reunion shows; as Led Zep contemplates life without Robert Plant, we pray to God that decision doesn’t spawn a Creed reunion.