35 OTHER CRAZY FISTS
In honor of Alaskan metalcore band 36 Crazyfists’ new DVD, Under a Northern Sky (in stores October 27), a list of 35 other famous, metal, heavy, and/or crazy fists:
- Motorhead’s “Iron Fist.”
- Marvel Comics character Iron Fist.
- Clint Eastwood’s spaghetti western A Fistful of Dollars.
- W.A.S.P.’s “A Fistful of Diamonds.”
- “Fistfuck,” old-school hardcore from Oxnardard California’s Dr. Know, which featured vocalist Brandon Cruz, the reformed Dead Kennedys first stand-in vocalist and former star of The Courtship of Eddie’s Father.
- Nine Inch Nails, “Fist Fuck.”
- Aerosmith’s “My Fist Your Face.”
- Anthrax’s cover of “My Fist Your Face.”
- Fistula, according to Wikipedia: “an abnormal connection or passageway between organs or vessels that normally do not connect.”
- Fistula, the Ohio stoner-metal band, rippin’ shit up.
- Disturbed’s onetime number-one album 10,000 Fists. (But are they crazy fists? Whaa-aah-aah-ahh!).
- Blood Duster, “Fisting the Dead.”
- S.O.D’s “Fist Banging Mania.”
- Exodus’ “Sealed with a Fist.”
- Fists of Fury (1974 martial-arts flick featuring Bruce Lee).
- Defunct New York metalcore band 36 Deadly Fists, with hits including “I Kill.”
- 17 Crazyfists (featuring just under half the metal fury).
- “Five-sided fistagon,” a epitet used by Rage Against the Machine to describe the Pentagon in “Bulls on Parade.”
- Mr. Bungle, “Love is a Fist.” (Ask your momma about this one.)
- Rancid’s “Crane Fist,” presumably a gutterpunk hand-to-hand combat technique.
- Old maxim: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fist it.”
- MEFISTO, an air-traffic control project.
- Chief Crazyfist. (There’s a good chance we made this one up.)
- Sepultura’s “Clenched Fist.”
- Five Finger Death Punch’s War LP – number SEVEN on the Billboard album chart this week, motherfuckers.
- The Foot Fist Way. Still haven’t seen it, but that Danny McBride dude is friggin’ genius as the belligerent sociopath jock in HBO’s Eastbound & Down, so check it out.
- Pee Wee Fist, a Boston sextet unaffiliated with Paul Reuben.
- 1977 Sylvester Stallone pro-union political drama F.I.S.T.
- NWOBHM band Fist, from Tyneside, England.
- Fist, rejected name for VH1’s Supergroup.
- Supergroup lead guitatist Ted Nugent’s solo track “Fist Fightin’ Son Of a Gun.”
- Marilyn Manson’s “Use Your Fist and Not Your Mouth” (ambiguously titled track from The Golden Age of Grotesque).
- Anthrax debut LP Fistful of Metal, featuring future Nuclear Assault bassist Dan Lilker and soon-to-be-canned shrieker Neil Turbin.
- Raise Your Fist and Yell, 1990 diehards-only Alice Cooper LP.
- Kid Rock’s “Fist Of Rage” (edited version available at Wal-Mart).
– D.X. Ferris
D.X. Ferris is the author of 33 1/3: Reign in Blood, which documents the making of Slayer’s signature album. Learn more here, or e-mail a request to slayerbook AT gmail DOT com for a free chapter. Ferris says you can follow his bullshit fresh daily one Twitter.
Sponsored Links from Across the Internet