NEVERMORE AND METALSUCKS PRESENT THE “CREATE YOUR OWN CONSPIRACY” CONTEST
Since an instrumental version of the title track of Nevermore’s upcoming album The Obsidian Conspiracy leaked a couple weeks back, we decided we’d have some fun with it. So we’re hosting a contest: record your own vocals with your own lyrics, using the leaked instrumental version as a backing track, and upload the results to YouTube (no video element is necessary, though it’s encouraged). The winner will be selected by Axl and Vince and flown to a Nevermore show, all expenses paid, to perform their version of the song live with the band. Holy shit, really? Yup.
- Download the instrumental backing track here (.zip)
- Write your own lyrics and record your own version of the song.
- Post your version as a video response to the above YouTube contest video (also available here)
- Contest is open to residents of the U.S., Canada and anywhere in Europe.
- Contestants must be 21 years of age or older. 18 years of age or older!
- Grand prize winner will be flown to a Nevermore show, date and location TBA, to perform the song live with the band.
- Five runners up will receive a Century Media / Nevermore prize pack.
- Entries will be closed at 11:59pm EDT on April 30th, 2010 and winners announced shortly thereafter on MetalSucks.
The Obsidian Conspiracy doesn’t come out until June 8th in North America and May 31st in Europe.
Now… go! Make Warrel Dane proud.