IN WHICH WE BEAT-OFF LIKE EXTRAVAGANT CHIMPANZEES
Kirk Windstein is a poet. Of this, there can be no doubt. Since Kingdom of Sorrow took over our site on Tuesday, Vince and I have decided we really, really wanna take a trip to New Orleans and just go eat with the dude (well, probably get high and then go eat with the dude). But secretly, I have aspirations of someday being able to pay the man to teach my children how to speak good. I can dream, can’t I?
Here’s some other shit that went down in the Mansion this week:
- We debuted a clip from The Haunted’s new DVD, Road Kill.
- We also debuted new music by Early Graves.
- We spoke to Stephen Carpenter from Deftones.
- Ken Sorceron from Abigail Williams doesn’t wanna talk shit about Winds of Plague, so instead he just left a comment on our site saying “it its embarrassing to once again see our name next to theirs on another metal news site.” Way to not talk shit, Kenny!
- We checked out a new release by Black Pyramid.
- Sergeant D taught us about the history of metalcore and screamo.
- We engaged in debate about the new Maiden song, the new Maiden setlist, and the old Maiden album art.
- The new Methods of Mayhem song is the worst thing ever.
- Rose Funoral finally spoke out about the Uno Incident.
- Vince thinks the BP oil spill is Korny.
Next week will bring some more streams, interviews with Max Cavalera and Bobby Blotzer, and more self-righteous rage over fairly trivial topics. ‘Til then…