IN WHICH WE WERE REVEALED TO BE A SECRET SUBDIVISION OF THE ILLUMINATI
Holy shit, is it seriously August already? It’s gonna start getting cold soon. Motherfucker. Here’s what we did this week when we should have been enjoying the sunshine and fresh air:
- We’re streaming Dementia/Dyslexia, the Metal Blade debut of Fleshwrought, a new project from Animosity/Animals as Leaders’ Navene Koperweis and Job for a Cowboy’s Jonny Davy.
- We debuted an EPK for Iron Thrones’ The Wretched Sun.
- We also debuted “Fear, Emptiness, Decibel,” a new column from the editors of our favorite metal rag.
- We had a little beard on beard action with Andy Williams from Every Time I Die and Liam Wilson from The Dillinger Escape Plan. We also spoke to Avenged Sevenfold’s Johnny Christ, The Dillinger Escape Plan’s Jeff Tuttle and Pathology’s Dave Astor.
- We checked out the latest releases from Chimaira and Decrepit Birth.
- We schooled Korn’s Jonathan Davis on the BP Oil Spill.
- We questioned the sincerity of Max Cavalera’s claim that his collaboration with Fred Durst is all Ross Robinson’s fault.
- We questioned Glenn Danzig’s sanity. Again.
- We got pissy that Eddie’s not on the cover of the new Maiden album.
- We got boners watching 72 minutes of pro-shot Gojira footage.
- We did not get boners looking at Emmure noodz.
- We found the best bass player in the history of forever-ever-ever.
We’ll be hanging out at the Summer Slaughter show this Sunday here in NYC; if you spot us, please bring us presents. We like presents. Thanks.