IN WHICH WE TURNED 10,000 POSTS OLD
There was something of a tornado here in Brooklyn yesterday, and even if you didn’t see the tornado itself you saw some of the craziest fucking weather ever. I know you folks out in Nebraska are thinking “So what?” but for us something like this happens about as often as an earthquake does for you. Shit was positively epic. Thankfully even the monkeys didn’t get all riled up like the dudes in the above video — although I think I saw Sammy hiding in the bathtub — and business carried on as usual as it did all week:
- We stroked ourselves just a little bit by celebrating our 10,000th post with a list of our top ten favorite posts ever.
- The return of Ask Oderus: You asked Gwar’s frontman your burning questions and he answered them. Also, Eyal wondered what makes a guitarist “great.”
- We premiered new tracks by Titan, Holy Grail, These are They and we premiered the new Firewind video.
- We spoke with Valient Thorr’s Valient Himself.
- Rumpelstiltskin Grinder changed their name to The Devil. Oh wait, no they didn’t.
- We ranked the Top 10 t-shirts worn by High on Fire frontman Matt Pike.
- We looked at new records by Drudkh and Winterfylleth and Skunk Anansie.
- We looked at our favorite new-school Iron Maiden jams and we wondered if Demolisher is the heaviest band on the planet.
- Tomas Haake may or may not have actually commented on my post about some dude covering Meshuggah’s “Bleed” by playing drums on his pillows. Tomas, if you’re reading this, I have mad respect for your drumming!
- Axl released Part 1 of his Daath in-studio report.
Hopefully no more tornados hit Brooklyn this weekend. Actually, if one could swoop right over Jerry Manuel’s home then hop-scotch over to Omar Minaya’s, I’d be OK with that.