IN WHICH WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED “WORST WEEK EVER” FOR ANOTHER DEVIN TOWNSEND VIDEO UPDATE
So this normally where we write some fairly meaningless bullshit as an intro to our weekly recap, but reader Sean Williams sent us a link to the below video update from one Mr. Devin Townsend, and we really can’t think of a better way to kick-off the weekend. As Sean put it, “Deconstruction AND Ghost as a double record? Holy fucking shit!” And it gets “Holy shittier” when we get to hear a little bit of new music…
Here are some other fun things that happened at MetalSucks this week:
- We debuted Joe Satriani’s first Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards webisode and new music by Sweet Cobra.
- Gwar’s Oderus Urungus answered more of your idiotic questions, The Red Chord’s Greg Weeks got unnecessarily rough, Daath’s Eyal Levi pondered the meaning of sacrifice, and Rumpelstiltskin Grinder’s Shawn Riley taught us how to make delicious hot wings.
- We spoke to producer/engineer/mixer extraordinaire Mark Lewis, The Contortionist’s Jon Carpenter, and Shred Sean from Blessed by a Broken Heart.
- We checked out new releases from Dawnbringer and Merkaba.
- We helped A Day to Remember struggle with young adulthood.
- We gave Jason Newsted a shoulder to cry on.
- We got excited that Byzantine are making a new record.
- The kid of the dude from the E-Street Band is out of Madball.
- We’ve decided that when we die, we want our ashes to be pressed into vinyl.
- Can you please help us find Elote 5?
Until Monday… don’t get alcohol poisoning…