IN WHICH WE ATE A LOTTA CAKE
In case you don’t hang on every word — and if you don’t, what’s wrong with you?!?! — here’s some shit that happened this week:
- We debuted Hung’s new album and a new video from Ringworm.
- We spoke to Dan Briggs from Between the Buried and Me and Trioscapes.
- The trend of awesome metal confections continued with this Iron Maiden cake and this Bolt Thrower cake.
- We had a good laugh at Devin Townsend’s high school yearbook photo.
- We assessed Randy Blythe’s assessment as to why the new Marilyn Manson album undersold.
- We struggled through Metallica’s first live rendition of “Struggle Within.”
- We learned about Mastodons from Mastodon.
- We got excited about Jacob Bannon’s new Jane Doe-inspired art project.
- We were sorry to hear that Suffokate have parted ways with their ear gauges.
- Sergeant D. recommended a band for all aspiring musicians to study.
The sun is shining and the birds are chirping! I’m gonna go throw a rock at those dumb birds. See ya Monday!