Neilstein Soundscam: Dillinger Gaining Ground
Not many debuts last week, but some chart movement nonetheless.
Get this week’s detailed sales numbers at Metal Insider.
1. ↔ Ghost / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 1 / Weeks On: 8
Why not keep Ghost at #1? The FB Fan Activity percentage is still high and they’re killing it on tour. +48,000 YT views.
2. ↑ The Dillinger Escape Plan / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 5 / Weeks On: 3
What’s killer is that FB Fan Activity percentage. Awesome.
3. ↔ H.I.M. / Peak: 3 / Last Week: 3 / Weeks On: 2
Total albums sold (around 23k) is the same total as Ghost in half the time.
4. ↓ The Ocean / Peak: 2 / Last Week: 2 / Weeks On: 7
+5k YT views since last week.
5. ↑ Anciients / Peak: 6 / Last Week: 6 / Weeks On: 4
Albums sold: no data (Heart of Oak, week four)
Facebook: 9.4% Fan Activity (4,039 likes · 381 talking about this)
It’s all about the buzz. Huge spike this week with the announcement of their Lamb of God support slot. Band seriously needs to work on their social network presence, though.
6. ↓ Killswitch Engage / Peak: 1 / Last Week: 4 / Weeks On: 7
Still more albums sold in week six than most bands’ debuts, but, like always, their FB percentage is startlingly low.
7. ↑ Alice in Chains / Peak: 7 / Last Week: 8 / Weeks On: 4
Band needs to release another single or something to keep the momentum going.
8. Joe Satriani / Peak: 8 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
I had no idea Satch was still capable of selling 10k records.
9. The Black Dahlia Murder / Peak: 9 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Their June 11th album release is now quickly approaching and they released another new track this week.
10. Mouth of the Architect / Peak: 10 / Last Week: n/a / Weeks On: 1
Albums sold: 0 (Dawning, June 25)
Facebook: 2.1% (3,563 likes · 78 talking about this)
Band could use some help in the FB and YT departments, but initial buzz is good. Stream a brand new track here.