In Which We Were Off to See The Wizard
WORST WEEK EVER PLAYLIST, February 24 – February 28, 2014
Have you signed up for the MetalSucks email list? It’s the awesomest way to stay up-to-date on all things MetalSucks, and we promise not to spam you. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. You can also friend me and friend Vince, then follow me on Twitter and follow Vince on Twitter!
Get the latest MetalSucks updates via email. Subscribe below.
And now, this week’s top stories:
- We premiered new videos by Protest the Hero and the Melvins, plus new music by Pyrrhon and Wild Throne.
- As I Lay Dying vocalist Tim Lambesis pled guilty to charges of attempted murder, and faces up to nine years in prison. The internet reacted with its characteristic elegance.
- Prepare your cyanide pills: the nu-metal revival apocalypse is here.
- After announcing that “We’ve fired our gay drummer” Gus Rios, Malevolent Creation tried to apologize — and completely failed.
- Big week for Mastodon, who said that they may play Leviathan in its entirety to celebrate the album’s tenth anniversary, hinted that they might release a new EP after their new LP, and dressed in drag.
- Unsurprisingly, the Bring Me the Horizon balcony jumper turned out to be an idiot.
- Metalheaddating.com helped us find that certain special headbanger.
- Asking Alexandria released an incredibly awful Nine Inch Nails cover. Luckily, this other NIN cover by bassist Zander Zon made up for it.
- After annihilating the goal for his crowdfunding campaign in just one day, Devin Townsend announced that Ziltoid 2 will be a double album.
- New Suicide Silence vocalist Eddie Hermida (ex-All Shall Perish) revealed that the band’s new album will contain some of Mitch Lucker’s final lyrics.
Have a terrific weekend, y’all. See ya Monday.